With the anticipated winter storm heading to Virginia, we want to ensure our dancers and Encore families are prepared and know what to expect in case of snow and icy weather.
In the case of inclement weather, be mindful that Encore Studio does not follow the school closings in the area. Instead, we assess our own area and the safety of the roads before making a call if it is safe to hold class or not.
We will e-mail, post to our social media sites, and update our website blog at www.encorestudio.com with an announcement if we are closed. We will make an announcement by 3:00pm for Friday classes and Friday evening we will notify all students enrolled in Saturday morning classes. Should this happen multiple days in a row, we will continue to post daily until we announce that we are back open.
Friday and Saturday, snow is predicted to begin falling in the afternoon and pick up closer to the evening. Please use your best judgment when making the decision to drive in inclement weather. We love all our dancers and want everyone to be safe (and warm!)
Posted on Thu, January 21, 2016
by Karen Flores