Encore classes at all locations begin September 14th, 2015. Please contact our office if you have any last minute questions about your instructor, attire, or class selection.
Bring your camera for the first day- we will have a photo oppertunity for you to mark the first day of class with your dancer!
Our 25th year is bigger and better than ever, and so are our classes. Our first few weeks, we teach in assessment mode. Some students' curriculum might need to be adjusted. Teachers have been trained to assess students and give recommendations to a student to see them reach their fullest potential and thrive individually while also working as part of a larger group. We will contact your family directly if this applies to your dancer.
Quick Tips and Tricks
- Put your name in your dancer's shoes! Our combination classes will switch shoes in their classroom, so a bag to hold their shoes is also helpful.
- Invest in a bunmaker. Donut shaped bunmakers can be found at many retailers and easily form a perfect bun- make a ponytail, put the bun-maker on, pin up the hair, and you're ready for class!
- Ballet slipper instructions: tie your ballet slipper strings in a double knot, snip off the extra string, and tuck the knot on the inside of the shoe. This helps strings from getting in our way as we dance.
- Never wear your dance shoes outside. Dancers can wear tennis shoes or sandals into the studio and change shoes in the lobby before entering the dance space.
- If your dancer is enrolled in Ballet/Lyrical or Contemporary, make sure you have convertible tights.
- Follow our Instagram: encorestudioisthebest and our Facebook page: Encore Performing Arts Studio Inc. for lots of need to know informaiton, contests, and everything Encore!
- Tiny Dancer/Tiny Tumble: black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers.
- Ballet and Tap: black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet slippers, black tap shoes.
- Ballet and Jazz: black leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Jazz and Tap: black leotard, tan tights, black tap shoes, tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Ballet and Lyrical: black leotard, pink convertible tights (tights with a hole that allow your foot to wiggle through the bottom), pink ballet slippers, tan Bloch Eclipse shoe.
- Jazzy Hip Hop: black leotard, tan tights, biker shorts, tan slip-on jazz shoes.
- Jazzy Hip Hop and Tap: black leotard, biker shorts, tan tights, tan slip-on jazz shoes, black tap shoes.
- Hip Hop: basic athletic attire, supportive and clean black tennis shoes.
- Musical Theatre: black leotard, tan tights/black leggings, tan slip-on jazz shoes, black tap shoes
- Intensive Dancers: black leotard, convertible tights, pink ballet shoes, Bloch Eclipse shoe, and black tap shoes. Intensive Dancers may wear a black sports bra and dance shorts if desired, but must be in a full leotard for ballet.
Posted on Thu, September 10, 2015
by Karen Flores